Technically sophisticated Web Operations Manager with verifiable track record of creating exceptional digital experiences and eCommerce programs for amazing brands. Broad knowledge and successful history in planning, building and testing beautiful websites while delivering critical improvements that maximize user experience and increase conversions. Proficient in UI design and waterfall and agile project management methodologies. Skilled project leader; able to direct multiple tasks effectively, and build lucrative professional relationships.
Creative Thinking / Relationship Building / Organizational Acumen
Product Management / Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
ScottsMiracle-Gro, Marysville, OH – Work Remotely from Birmingham, AL
Digital Marketing Manager, Live Goods (4/2016 – Present)
Manage cross-functional eCommerce team responsible for planning and deploying an expanded live goods program to a range of retailers including Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes, and Amazon. Nurture long-lasting business relationships with key buyers to sell in, promote, and communicate consumer benefits. Oversee search campaigns in collaboration with multiple digital agencies.
- Work with R&D, Supply Chain, Distribution and Finance to design bundle solutions that increase basket ring, and expand category growth. Budgeted 160% top line growth in eCom sales for 2017.
- Collaborate with distribution, packaging and creative services to develop safe shippers, and marketing materials ensuring a delightful experience.
- Manage, track and report paid search and digital campaigns to support branded content and product marketing campaigns.
Bonnie Plants, Inc., Union Springs, AL – Worked Remotely from Birmingham, AL
Web Manager/ Product Manager, BonniePlants.com, Homegrown App (9/2010 – 4/2016)
Orchestrated technical operations including dedicated servers, software maintenance, backups, and disaster recovery plans for Bonnie Plants web properties. Drove requirement development, quote/contract administration, and vendor relations with a keen eye to time management, tight budgets and technical innovation. Managed feature backlog and worked along side software developers to implement and deploy custom solutions.
- Managed design, development and maintenance of BonniePlants.com
- Effectively planned and executed website data/analytics reporting as SEO expert.
- Spurred traffic growth of 180% from 2013-2016 through innovative design and content marketing programs based on analytical insights.
- Achieved 100K download for the Homegrown app as product lead for the mobile team encompassing iOS and Android.
EBSCO Industries Inc., Birmingham, AL
Senior Designer & Team Leader (4/2004 – 9/2010)
Directed design sprints for web design projects, including creation of webpages, wireframes, flowcharts, documentation, and style guides for high-traffic branded websites. Served as team lead for in-house graphic designers and front-end developers. Performed usability studies, analysis, testing and development using waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Spearheaded information architecture and functionality planning for 12 branded eCommerce websites.
- Led design team in building, testing and reviewing responsive page templates for branded websites, ultimately reducing deployment time.
- Acted as liaison between cross-functional teams, including design, SEO, programming and project management, to streamline projects and achieve goals.
Walls Media, Birmingham, AL
Senior Designer & Information Architect (4/2000 – 12/2002)
Championed innovation and efficiency in design/development of internet strategies for versatile companies. Maintained thorough records regarding project goals and progress, and delivered updates to senior leaders and clients.
- Built long-lasting professional relationships with key developers and service providers throughout the Southeast.
- Credited with enhancing client retention and satisfaction.
Additional experience as a Web Designer & Developer with Kinetic Communications.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication
Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Dale Carnegie Course Graduate
User Experience Design Certification, Nielsen Norman Group